2014 Festival Activities!
- Greenway Network Headquarters. Learn about Greenway Network. Buy Race for the Rivers Gear... New stickers this year. Become a Member.
- Check in to volunteer. We'll have sign-ups for Fall Dardenne Creek Monitoring Day, National Public Lands Day and information about River Soundings Symposium 2014, Mission: Clean Stream 2014 and other opportunities to get out and make a difference.
- Free water to fill your water bottle or purchase one from Greenway Network. Water available in the Comfort Station
- Thought Process Interactive Leader Board. Check the times updated throughout the day. See images from the race as they come in.
- See the Poage Chevrolet #whereismysonic car. Every adult gets one complimentary raffle ticket. Drawing will take place at 5 pm.
- Paddle the Missouri river in one of the Junebugs. Courtesy of Mrs. Pat Jones visitors of all ages will have an opportunity to go out on the river in one of these voyageur class canoes with the experts from Big Muddy Adventures. Rides are FREE and provided on a first come first served basis. This is an active adventure and your shoes are likely to get muddy so come prepared.
- Become a Green Hero. Visit the booths. Learn something green. Collect a bead. Make a key chain or bracelet out of a T-shirt and then visit the Pirates to get your Green Hero prize.
- Learn to prepare and cook Asian carp with the Missouri Department of Conservation. There will be hourly tastings too!
- Go to Pirate School
- Learn how a stream works.
- SHOP! There are green vendors and artists selling items. This will be a great opportunity to get in some early gift buying or to pick up some cool things for yourself.
- On shore viewing. Bring a chair or relax on the grass as you cheer your favorite racers across the finish line.
- Sunpainting with Greenway Network and the folks from Not Your Mother's Tie Dye
- Make upcycled jewelry in the kids area.
- Stream Trash ART. See what has been made by local artists using trash pulled from local rivers and streams. Featuring work by Cee Kay artists!
- On shore boat races fun for all ages
- Work on special projects with the St Charles Soil and Water Conservation District and the St Charles County Parks.
- Expanded Activity area for the little ones including water play.
- Cannon. Watch the Pirates from the Living History Company fire the big cannon!
- Visit the Viking camp.
- Check out alt fuel vehicles on display from GM.
- Bike repairs and assistance from Bike Stop Cafe and Katy Bike Rental .
- Boat Corral. Stop by, see the canoes and kayaks, talk to the racers.
- Comfort Station.
- Beer... Sample some fantastic Leinenkugel beers in the Leinie Lodge. All sales benefit Clean Water projects
- Expanded food vendors. All your favorite festival foods and some healthy choices as well.
- St. Charles does not allow pets on the Park Grounds during festival hours.
News and Updates