The 2013 festival will have all sorts of activities. We're currently in the process of finalizing our list. Below are some of the activities we have included in the past.
- Greenway Network Headquarters. Learn about Greenway Network. Buy Race for the Rivers Gear... New stickers this year. Become a Member.
- Check in to volunteer. We'll have sign-ups for National Public Lands Day and information about River Soundings 2012, Mission: Clean Stream 2014 and other opportunities to get out and make a difference.
- ThoughtProcess Interactive Leader Board. Check the times updated throughout the day. See images from the race as they come in.
- Paddle the Missouri river in one of the Junebugs. Courtesy of Missouri Department of Conservation visitors of all ages will have an opportunity to go out on the river in one of these voyageur class canoes with the experts from Big Muddy Adventures and Quapaw Canoes. Rides are FREE and provided on a first come first served basis.
- On shore viewing. Bring a chair or relax on the grass as you cheer your favorite racers across the finish line.
- Sunpainting with Greenway Network and the folks from Not Your Mother's Tie Dye
- Stream Trash ART. See what has been made by local artists using trash pulled from local rivers and streams. Featuring work by Cee Kay artists!
- On shore boat races fun for all ages
- Work on special projects with the St Charles Soil and Water Conservation District and the St Charles County Parks.
- Expanded Activity area for the little ones including water play.
- Pirates! This may be your only opportunity to see some of your favorite Pirate characters in St Louis this year. Oh, and they are bringing the Cannon!
- Check out alt fuel vehicles on display from GM.
- Safety town for kids
- Equipment displays and demos by Alpine Shop, St Louis Sail and Paddle, SUP St Louis and Epic Kayaks.
- Bike inspections and helmet fitting (and perhaps some coffee too) from Second Street Bike Stop and Cafe
- Blacksmithing demonstrations by Far Creek Forge
- Boat Corral. Stop by, see the canoes and kayaks, talk to the racers.
- Comfort Station
- Schlafly Beer... All sales benefit Clean Water projects
- Expanded food vendors. All your favorite festival foods and some healthy choices as well.
News and Updates