Become a Volunteer!
It is that time again when Greenway Network is in the final planning stages for the Race for the Rivers Canoe/Kayak races and Festival.This year's Festival is on August 23rd from 11 am to 5 pm. Once again we have a great lineup of bands, booths, food and activities.It is going to be a great day!
We have a special need for Gate Guards. These are 1 hour shifts at one of the park gates. The only job is to smile at festival guests and in the rare instance some one has alcohol in hand, remind them that it cannot leave the park. Gate guards get coupons for free beverages at the end of their shifts!
As you can imagine we need quite a few volunteers to make it all happen.We are asking volunteers to devote at least 2 hours to a station (Feel free to do more than one shift or more than one station!!!) Check out the list of stations below and let us know what you want to do.
- Set up 8:00am– 11:00 (tents, booths, assist vendors
- Tear down 5:00pm – 6:00pm
- Children’s play area
- Sunpainting activity booth
- Stream Table
- Enviroscape booth
- Greenway Network Sales area
- Stream Trash ART booth
- Beer Sales
- Gate guards
- Band Sales booth
- Assist bands during transitions
- Trash pick up
- Assist racers as they exit from the river
- Comfort Station
- Hand out goody bags
- Runners/spotters for timers
- Spotters for race (various locations along the race course)
- Support boat (we need one back up boat. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org )
Greenway Network is in need of a few items for the Race for the Rivers Festival.If you are able to provide any of them, please email email@example.com or call (636) 498-0772.
- 1 canoe or kayak that can be used in the children’s area to give them a feel for paddle sports
- Golf cart storage near Frontier park
- 10 x 10 pop up or 10 x 20 tents are also appreciated