Safety & Gear
- Helmets must be worn at all times.
- Proper safety gear and adult supervision for riders under the age of 18 is required.
- Bring sufficient water. There will be water & Gatorade stops along the way.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Dress for the weather.
- Wear close-toed shoes.
- Respect other trail users; joggers, walkers, bladers, and wheelchairs all have trail rights
- Respect slower cyclists; yield to slower users
Pass on Left
- Scan ahead and behind announcing your intention to pass another user
- Pull out only when you are sure the lane is clear
- Allow plenty of room, about two bike lengths, before moving back to the right
Announce when Passing
- Use a bell, horn, or voice to indicate your intention to pass
- Warn others well in advance so you do not startle them
- Clearly announce "On your left" when passing
Yield when Entering and Crossing
- Yield to traffic at places where the trail crosses the road
- Yield to other users at trail intersections
- Slow down before intersections and when entering the trail from the road
- Travel in a straight line unless you are avoiding hazards or passing
- Indicate your intention to turn or pass
- Warn other users of your intentions
Do Not Block the Trail
- For group rides, use no more than half the trail; don't hog the trail
- Stop and regroup completely off of the trail
Clean up Litter
- Pack out more than you pack in
- Encourage others to respect the path
- Place all litter in its proper receptacle
$6,064 raised of $10k goal
The 2017 Race for the Rivers fundraising challenge is on! Our goal is to raise $10,000, all of which goes to the Greenway Network.