Historic Frontier Park » 11am - 5pm
The Race for the Rivers Festival is at the center of the Race for the Rivers canoe/kayak races and the Ride for the Rivers Katy Trail Fun Rides (register here). The festival includes a full day of music, food, beer, crafts, arts, environmental education and opportunities to volunteer. The pirates are back this year and joined by the Vikings! Once again there are FREE paddles on voyager class canoes (similar to those used by Lewis and Clark). This is a great opportunity to experience the Big Muddy up close and personal.
All are welcome to come out and enjoy live music, great food and family-friendly, hands-on environmental educational displays and activities! The festival serves as the perfect place to keep tabs on the leader boards as you mingle among the racers and peruse outdoor gear from local vendors – not to mention, it’s a prime spot to watch the racers cross the flying finish line at day’s end!
- To become a vendor, please go here.
- Vendor Information for the day of the festival is here.
- The Vendor Booth Map is here.
- The Vendor Booth Assignment list is here.
2014 Festival Booths and Participants:
- Veiled Alliance - Wooden and felt swords, axes and shields. Sheaths, belts and more.
- Waggons West - Upcycled clothing and accessories. Traditional style soaps. Quilts.
- Steeped Tea - Loose leaf teas and accessories.
- Ready Farm - Hand crafted wooden bird houses and wooden feeders, honey & soaps.
- Healthy Life Chiropractic and Welness - Free 15 min chair massages.
- Green B.E.A.N. Delivery - Home delivery of organic produce and natural groceries.
- Scentsy Wickless Candles - Wickless candles, warmers that melt was bars.
- Missouri Nature Art - Nature inspired art, decor, furniture and gifts.
- Greenway Network T-Shirt Sales
- Poage Chevrolet - #whereismysonic
- Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
- Missouri Department of Conservation Stream Table
- Missouri Department of Conservation Fish Fry! (Learn to prepare Asian carp. Hourly tastings.)
- Army Corps or Engineers (Mo River Recovery Project)
- St. Charles Area Radio Club (learn about ham radio communications and listen as they monitor the progress of the racers along the course of the river)
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Revolution Cycles
- 1 Mississippi (become a River Citizen)
- St. Charles County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Big Muddy Adventures
- Great Rivers Greenway District
Food/Drink Vendors - Menus
- Bombay Food Junkies - Nominated for best vegetarian food truck in USA. Vote here!
- Kettle Korner and Snow Cones
- Don Kool Kups Café & Just Amazing Foods
- Hog Call Barbecue
Kids Activities - A newly expanded kids area where most activities are FREE
- Upcycle crafts
- Water play area
- Rain Gutter Races
Arts and Services
- Big Muddy Adventures (Free Canoe Rides!)
- Comfort Station
- Stream Trash Art
- ThoughtProcess Interactive Race Leader Board
- Girl Scout Troop 294 - Snacks
- Living History Company - Pirate encampment and living history activities, gypsy book trader.