Historic Frontier Park » 11am - 5pm
The Race for the Rivers Festival is at the center of the Race for the Rivers canoe/kayak races and the Ride for the Rivers Katy Trail Fun Rides (register here). The festival includes a full day of music, food, beer, crafts, arts, environmental education and opportunities to volunteer.
Once again there are FREE paddles on voyager class canoes (similar to those used by Lewis and Clark). This is a great opportunity to experience the Big Muddy up close and personal.
All are welcome to come out and enjoy live music, great food and family-friendly, hands-on environmental educational displays and activities! The festival serves as the perfect place to keep tabs on the leader boards as you mingle among the racers and peruse local vendors – not to mention, it’s a prime spot to watch the racers cross the flying finish line.
- To become a vendor, please go here.
- Vendor Information for the day of the festival is here.
- The Vendor Booth Map is here.
2015 Festival Booths and Participants:
- Waggons West - Upcycled clothing and accessories. Traditional style soaps. Quilts.
- Steeped Tea - Loose leaf teas and accessories.
- Scentsy Fragrance - Wickless candles.
- Missouri River Driftwood Art
- Pieces of Earth Pottery
- The Present Emporium
- Greenway Network T-Shirt Sales
- Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
- Missouri Department of Conservation Fish Fry! (Learn to prepare Asian carp. Hourly tastings.)
- Army Corps or Engineers (Mo River Recovery Project)
- St. Charles Area Radio Club (learn about ham radio communications and listen as they monitor the progress of the racers along the course of the river)
- US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Revolution Cycles
- St. Charles County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Big Muddy Adventures
Food/Drink Vendors - Menus
- Waynos International Food Truck
- Hog Call Barbeque
- Sarah's Cake Stop
- Kona Ice Saint Charles County
Kids Activities - A newly expanded kids area where most activities are FREE
- Upcycle crafts
- Water play area
- Rain Gutter Races
Arts and Services
- Big Muddy Adventures (Free Canoe Rides!)
- Comfort Station
- Stream Trash Art
- Thought Process Interactive Race Leader Board