Historic Frontier Park » 11am - 5pm
Greenway Network is collaborating with CraftMonster this year to produce ART ON THE RIVERS, a greatly enhanced and expanded event.
The Race for the Rivers Festival is at the center of the Race for the Rivers canoe/kayak races and the Ride for the Rivers Katy Trail Fun Rides (register here). The festival includes a full day of music, food, beer, crafts, arts, environmental education and opportunities to volunteer.
Once again there are FREE paddles on voyager class canoes (similar to those used by Lewis and Clark). This is a great opportunity to experience the Big Muddy up close and personal.
All are welcome to come out and enjoy live music, great food and family-friendly, hands-on environmental educational displays and activities! The festival serves as the perfect place to keep tabs on the leader boards as you mingle among the racers and peruse local vendors – not to mention, it’s a prime spot to watch the racers cross the flying finish line.
Want to get involved? Have more time than money? VOLUNTEER! The Race for the Rivers Festival needs you. check out the volunteering page or contact us at email@example.com.
- All art and craft vendors must apply through Craft Monster.
- Educational, non-profit, commercial (but not art/craft) and food vendors register with Greenway Network.
- Vendor Information for the day of the festival is will be posted shortly.
- The festival layout is here. Booths are assigned by either Craft Monster or Greenway Network. When you check in on the day of the festival, you will be given an updated map and your booth assignment.
2016 Festival Booths and Participants:
- Big Muddy Adventures (Free Canoe Rides!)
- Bike Stop Cafe & Outpost
- Coffee Creations, Treats and Treasures
- Comfort Station
- Craft Monster booth (nonsales)
- Gateway Residential Remodeling
- Great Rivers Greenway
- Greenway Network T-Shirt Sales
- Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company
- Ladsurfski - Stand Up Paddling Equipment
- Missouri Falun Dafa Association - Free demonstration and instruction of the Chinese meditation Falun Dafa
- Missouri Master Naturalists - Great Rivers Chapter - will educate and engage Missourians in active responsible stewardship of our state's natural resources through science-based education and community service. With the use of MDC nature trunks and other educational tools such as a live aquatic macro-invertebrate display and a miniature stream table display.€“ The participants will help inform the public of the positive benefits of protection of our state's natural resources.
- Missouri Stream Team
- Quapaw Canoe Company
- Seal Smart
- St. Charles Area Radio Club (learn about ham radio communications and listen as they monitor the progress of the racers along the course of the river)
- US Fish and Wildlife Service Stream Trailer
- Sierra Club
- St. Charles County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Stream Trash Art
- Thought Process Interactive - Race Leader Board
- Steeped Tea - Loose leaf teas and accessories
- Waggons West - Upcycled clothing and accessories. Traditional style soaps. Quilts.
A & M Accessories - Original, handmade and one of a kind jewelry
Beqi Clothing - Good Clothes for Bad Girls, plus jewelry and hair accessories
Carrie Heyen - Clothing and Accessories
Charming Cuisine - Food, Jewelry and Hand made Gifts
Crawling Chaos - Handmade Children's Clothing
Creature Curios - Hand Stitched Cyclops Stuffies
Fine Line Studios - Creative Services for Adults with Disabilities
Geek Nest - Pop Culture Themed Candles
Indian Sunshine - Indian Cuisine
Josephine's - Handmade Custom Jewelry
Moosemingo - Earrings, Belts, Accessories
Rambling Eclectica - Art, Trinkets and other oddities
Red Herring Illustration - Fantasy and Fantastical Art
RooSpot Art - Custom Art on Fabric and Clothing
Sadly Harmless - Illustrative prints and shadow boxes
Scarlett and Maria - Clothing, Jewelry, Accessories
Sweet Spirits Farm - Goat's Milk Soap
Vivacious Lathers - Plant Based Soaps
Wanderlust Travelers Group St. Louis - Like Minded People Who Like to Travel with Others for a Purpose
West Park Creative - A Letter Press and Design Studio
Willetta Gray Design - Hand Made Clutches, Purses, Bags, Headbands, Earrings and other accessories
Kids Activities - A newly expanded kids area where most activities are FREE
- Upcycle crafts
- Water play area
- Rain Gutter Races